Wednesday 8 July 2015

RELAXER UPDATE| LENGTH CHECK| FIRST SELF-TEXLAX


Hi ladies, guess what? Lol! You already know..... It's my relaxer update. Super excited i am because i did texlax myself, never ever thought i could but y'all know this super confident feeling just
came upon me... Like it was sent from heaven. Haha! Okay let's get right to business... But let me warn you, this is a long post.

If you read my last post, you'll know i postponed my wash day because i was exhausted after detangling my hair. So,few days later i washed my hair... I was so glad i did cause i wanted to relax my hair the next day. But then it was risky to relax hair next day after washing hair the previous day. So, i waited 3days to relax. Mind you, i had detangled my hair with my fingers a day before relaxing. 

Relaxer Day
-Divided hair into 4 sections,based scalp, nape, edges & ear with Vaseline. Mixed the relaxer +half of the activator +2 &half teaspoon of olive oil thoroughly for 4mins.

-Starting from the front, i applied the relaxer to my hair avoiding my scalp. I then worked on the back section. After that, i started smoothing. Application and smoothing took 12mins.

-Waited for 3mins before washing off the relaxer thoroughly. Then, i applied the Creamy Aloe Shampoo and also deep conditioned with Replenishing Conditioner that came with the Relaxer pack following the instructions. 

-After deep conditioning, i air dried my hair, applied my Dark & Lovely  leave-in conditioner,mosturizer and sealed with coconut oil(the one i made myself). Then waited the next day to flat iron my hair for a length check. But before flat ironing, i applied heat protectant and sheabutter with hairspray(that came with the pack).  




Relaxer i used + it came with a free ORS Sheen Spray

Air drying my texlaxed hair

Products i used(moisturizer, sheabutter & hezt protectant) I forgot to add pics of the leave-in conditioner & coconut oil.

Hair loss after washing & combing

My Texlaxed Hair 

Can't help but feel my Texlaxed ponytail baby. Lol! 

Hair Comparison

Hair Comparison

Hair Comparison

Hair Comparison

Sorry, but i just have to compare my flat ironed ponytail with my air dried ponytail 

Length Check: Umm i can't say Bra strap length for now but it's almost Bra strap length.


LITTLE GIST FOR YA 
-My edges didn't relax like i wanted and the reason is i applied much Vaseline. I wouldn't next time.  

-Waited for 27weeks before relaxing.

-I've overcomed my fear of self-relaxing.

-And finally, my texlax turned out great. Thanks to God. 



Lovelies,that's it for now. Thanks for taking your time to read this. And for those who just scrolled down to the pics... Well done o. Lol! 

31 comments:

  1. Your hair is fuller and looking great. www.starryviv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say that again my dear. Thanks so much for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Dear your hair is looking great! Congrats on a successful relaxer stretch and you're grazing BSL Yaaay!!!
    Do you plan on stretching this long again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea Judithsweetheart... Grazing BSL. *dancing* Did you know i was encouraged to self-texlax when i saw yours? Shhh.... that's a little secret. Umm no I'm not exceeding 24weeks again... Not ever!

      Delete
  3. Omg!!! Look how full your hair is. And that ponytail ooooh! I'm officially jealous. Congrats Dupe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are jealous of my ponytail, then i'm jealous of your edges. Yesssss i saw it and i wished mine would fill up soon. Lol! Thanks a million dearest Hilda.

      Delete
  4. Congrats dear!!! Your hair is much much fuller and longer. Keep it up!!!
    haircademia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million beautiful Fatee, i feel like flying right now. Haha! But yours is fuller and longer too i must say.

      Delete
  5. I love progress pics like this. Ain't never told no lie. Your hair is getting more and more beautiful in every way- length, health, thickness. Go girl!

    Naija girl next door

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell yeah.... I agree with you. Wait,all that qualities for my hair? Girl,my head is swelling. Hehe! Thank you + blowing kisses of of of of.... Ummm of hair. Lol!

      Delete
  6. Wow. Your hair looks much thicker. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk you so much and for commenting too

      Delete
  7. I can't get over your pony tail!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously can't get over it myself..... I keep checking it everytime. Lol! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on a successful texlax. Your hair looks great

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Tomes, your hair looks just great too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair has grown so much. The change is evident! Love it. Keep doing what you are doing. It's working!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Takes a bow* Thanks a lot, will keep on doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chino 27 weeks!! I'm not sure I can handle that yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sure you can, if you're determined though and you stick to protective styling all the way. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  13. Lol! It's so nice of you dropping by dear,thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Godddd....see human being,s hair...I want Oh lord...please

    www.mylifeasmoby.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Is this real... I still can't believe it. Well, this gives me hope that my hair can grow too. What cream exactly did you use in growing your hair? What other secrets did u use because I need to grow my hair from scratch, yours have come a long way.
    Bettykrislav.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Of course it can,in fact longer than mine with the right hair practices and products, protective styling,oil massaging,regular wash day routine &regimen. I don't use hair cream but I moisturize and seal with olive oil,do all what have mentioned earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whao! Your hair is fabulously gorgeously beautifully and everything lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha! You got me laughing on this one. Thank you for the complements,I appreciate

    ReplyDelete

Would like to hear from you.......