Wednesday 2 December 2015

RELAXER UPDATE| LENGTH CHECK

To be alive to witness another relaxer update no be moimoi. It isn't easy,I tell u. Lol! But I thank God. 

Initially,I planned to wait till 24weks post but got tired along the way and relaxed.

RELAXER DAY
Now super brave to self texlax,I divided hair into 4sections.

- Based scalp,nape,edges,ear and relaxed hair ends with Vaseline.

- Mixed the relaxer+half activator+one &half cover of Goya olive oil thoroughly for up to 3mins.

- Applied relaxer to my hair starting from the front,avoiding my scalp. Then worked on the back section. After that,I started smoothing. Application and smoothing took 9mins28sec.

- Waited 4mins before washing off the relaxer thoroughly.

- Applied the shampoo, deep conditioned with the conditioner that came with the relaxer pack.

- Air dry,applied leave-in conditioner, moisturizer, sealed with Olive oil and applied heat protectant. 

- Flat ironed my hair the next day.


Relaxer and Vaseline Used + free ORS sheen spray 

After texlaxing and application of leave-in conditioner,moisturizer and sealant


Hair loss from combing

Blow dried hair

Hair Comparison
My new Texlaxed hair length

Hair Comparison

My New length

Current Length
Left: grazing BSL
Right: grazing MBL

At the salon after flat ironing

Feeling maself

On top of the world like a celeb. Lol!

WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW
- Last time,my edges didn't relax like I wanted due to much Vaseline but I think I almost got it right this time.

- Waited for 21weeks before relaxing.

- Throughout my stretch,I didn't make my hair; weaving, braiding,adding extensions or wigging,I did none. I was protective styling only by bunning,flat twisting,did Bantu knots once and also flat ironed once. Chikena!


Alright thanks for stopping by. Now tell me about your hair,how did your relaxer day go? If not yet relaxed,how long do you plan to stretch? 

12 comments:

  1. Girrrrl i couldnt hold myself from commenting! your hair is just bae! so amazing. congrats on grazing midback length. You are so good at stretching your relaxer and you get awesome growth too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear,but I don't really think am that good at stretching and still need to put more effort generally on caring for my hair. Procrastination should be murdered......lol! Thanks for commenting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking like a model in those mirrow pics. Great resullts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Don't mind me,but thanks pretty much

      Delete
  4. I am loving your celeb pics :-) Your hair is just growing from root to tip! Since you didn't do any protective styling, what was the biggest factor that got you all this awesome growth? And did you get a trim? Ends are looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did protective style especially bunning-high bun,bantu knotout once,flattwist out.

    Almost everyday,i apply my moisturizing mix(mixture of vo5 moisturizing conditioner,olive oil and water). Every night,i also made sure hair was covered. Washed every 2-3weeks.

    No i didn't trim,was even thinking i needed to. Not sure yet or maybe i should wait till next relaxer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dupe,

    Wow! Your hair journey is very impressive. The hair growth and retention is very significant and your edges are so full. Well done!

    I am so inspired to take better care of my hair next year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! It's really nice to hear this from you I'm even short of words. Thanks a million and plz do take care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair is hot stuff!! It has really come a long way. Keep doing what you're doing, it's definitely working.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg Dupe! I'm officially jealous. Lol!!! Your hair is definitely #hairgoals right now for me. Keep taking care of your it and soon we'll Be celebrating ankle length.

    Moma's Healthy Hair Journey

    ReplyDelete

Would like to hear from you.......