Friday 29 May 2015

BRAIDS TAKEN DOWN | LENGTH CHECK | 21 WEEKS POST RELAXER

Hiya everyone, hope y'all good? Promised i was going to post on how to make coconut oil in my previous post. Too bad i couldn't. Had taken all the pictures step by step only to discover 2days ago that all the pictures had been deleted, including 250+ pictures. How on earth could this have happened? Why now when i needed it? Arrgghhh!!  Anyways,i believe in life everything happens for a reason. What if all my pictures had been wiped out? That would have been terrible. So...God i thank you. But hopefully before nextweek runs out, will try to make another coconut oil, take the pictures and post on how to make it.
Now guess what? I have taken down my braids. Remember i said i was gonna wear it for 1 and half  to 2months? It's now a month and i can't stand to see my hair suffer just because i want to over use my money, lol!  So, i decided to remove it. Best decision ever.
I've been wanting to do a length check all this while, now is the time. Check it out.

Left: last relaxer -  Armpit length 
Right: after taking down braids - Almost Bra strap length. 



To be sincere,i was suprised when i  checked my length. Because at first when i started my healthy hair journey,i thought it wasn't growing and to top it all people think it's just a waste of time and money. But I'm so glad i didn't give up. I'm encouraged to go further. 

9 comments:

  1. Your hair has really grown hunnay. Thumbs up!! You make me want to go and do braids now but I resist all forms of temptation. Lol!! Discouragement is the best product for our hair. It's best not to reply people rather let them see the result for themselves. Congrats on your new length again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. '' but i rssist all forms of temptation'' Very funny.. Lol! Yes o what you said is absolutely true. Let the result do the talking. Thanks so much Hilda. Your hair has grown too.... Happy for you girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one.... Waiting fr d coconut oil post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fate. Check back soon for the coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you got so much growth!!! Is it because of the braids?? "(Points gun!) Tell me what did you use?"
    BTW...21weeks girl you've done so well i think you should be grazing BSL when you relax and do a proper length check!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! Who gave you that toy gun sef? I had been mosturizimg and sealing for 3months non-stop, protective styling especially bunning and also did wig for 2weeks before deciding to braid. Throughout the first three months, i was experiencing a lot of shedding and i was dissapointed it wasn't growing. Until i removed my braids and ghenghen.... Miraculous length. So yea the braids helped me in retaining some length, but don't forget i was caring for my braids along the line. 21weeks post relaxer isn't easy jare, I'm eyeing that relaxer already. God help me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Itz great when I see pple whose hair when on protective styles. I just hope mine wud be the same as I take up these protective styling hallenge for the next 4months . Hoping to see a big difference. Lovely blog and thanks for stopping by mine
    Leeznijis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Itz great when I see pple whose hair when on protective styles. I just hope mine wud be the same as I take up these protective styling hallenge for the next 4months . Hoping to see a big difference. Lovely blog and thanks for stopping by mine
    Leeznijis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm certain you will see a huge difference with protective styling. Thanks for commenting, i appreciate.

    ReplyDelete

Would like to hear from you.......