Wednesday 22 July 2015

HAIR UPDATE| FIRST BANTU KNOT OUTS EVER

Dear people, been a while. Hope y'all good? Lately, i've been lazy with my hair. I was loving my flat-ironed hair after my RELAXER UPDATE , when suddenly my hair started itching, couldn't take it anymore after a week and so i cowashed my hair. Ever since then, i've been moisturizing and sealing and also bunning which serves as my protective style.  But now i just wanted to try something different apart from bunning my hair, so i decided to give Bantu Knot Outs a try. I've been seeing people r
ocking it so well and cute but i was worried mine won't come out great as i haven't tried it before, this is my first. Enough of talking, let's get started on how i eventually did it.

What I used: Leave-in conditioner, vo5 moisturizing conditioner, rattail comb, spraying bottle, extra virgin olive oil and ORS set mousse that came with the relaxer i bought.

         Divide hair into 2, then 4,later 8(4left side and 4right side)

 I started out with dry hair, applied my leave-in conditioner to make hair damp

  Sprayed hair with my moisture mix which consist of water, conditioner and olive oil.

Applied the ORS set mousse on my fingers,twisted a small coil at the base of my scalp & wrapped the rest around it. 

My Bantu Knot is ready. Haha! Well,i later Covered my hair to sleep

The next day, i unraveled the knot outs with olive oil on my fingers, separated the curls and fluffed it.

I then sprayed with ORS sheen spray,you can use any hairspray of your choice though

After spraying, i fluffed my hair till i was satisfied with the fullness.
                   
     Rocking my bantu knot outs..Yesss!!

                 Another way i rocked it


Can't believe i just did that. Lesson learnt: Never think you can't make it if you haven't tried it out first. This applies not only to hair but other areas of our lives.

In case you wondering what's up with the pink background i used for the pics i took which my name "Modupe" was written on...... CLICK HERE


Many thanks to God for making my Bantu knot outs a success and to also you reading this.

21 comments:

  1. Yaaay! Bantu knot outs on fleek :-) you did a good job on first try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is amazing. Would definitely try this out.
      I also blog at bettykrislav.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Thanks Judithsweetheart, even though it isn't as perfect as yours... Miss Bantu Knotouts Rocker. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As in ehn. Madam Judith the Bantu knot outs rocker. But you didnt do badly o.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She needs to be awarded my dear. Aww... thanks so much, i appreciate.

      Delete
  4. Mhen I just noticed my hair itches like crazy! I mean I wash it before making it, once I wash and carry the natural hair, I'm fine but once I make it, maximum two days and I see flakes with mad itching. Help a sister please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now it depends,it might be due to changes in seasons or temperature,due to a change in shampoo or conditioner. But then i think you are suffering from dry scalp which causes flaking and itching. Maybe you should try doing a light scalp
      message using natural oils such as extra
      virgin olive oil, jojoba oil. Or then check your hair products if it contains alcohol which dries scalp too....because your hair might be sensitive to drying hair products. Lastly,try moisturizing and sealing your hair in order to add moisture to hair, so that it won't get dry. I hope this helps.

      Delete
  5. Worth the effort....came out looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love your hair mami...really beautiful *winks*

    www.mylifeasmoby.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow nice. Pls visit my blog here Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! I want to try that, havent gotten the knack for bantu knot outs yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please do, I'm sure you gonna love it. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great results and love how you styled it! Hope it had enough time to dry properly before you took it out. For more definition next time you can sit under a hooded dryer and add some styling gel for better hold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first,it didn't dry at all. So I had to redo it and wait for one more day to dry. Thanks so much for the info,will try it out next time only that I don't have hooded dryer & styling gel.

      Delete
  11. Your Bantu knots are amazing!

    Hilda at momashairjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Hilda,missed a lot of your posts. Checking it out pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I found your blog earlier. But it's all good. I'll start from here :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please do,glad you finally found it. And feel free to ask any questions.

    ReplyDelete

Would like to hear from you.......