Tuesday 22 September 2015

MY HOMEMADE AVOCADO OIL

I'm about to start my Hot Oil Treatment Challenge for this year and I'm going to be using coconut oil,castor oil,olive oil and avocado oil. Instead of buying the avocado oil that will cost me much money,I thought of making it myself.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
- Fresh mature avocado(I used four)
- Knife
- Blender(I used mortar and pestle)
- Handkerchief or cheesecloth
- Bowl
- Sauce pan
- Stove or other sources of heat

Scrape the flesh of the avocado
Blend/grind the avoc
ado until the mixture becomes smooth without lumps.
Pour the mixture into a sauce pan,turn on the heat and stir the mixture every 2-3mins to prevent burning.
You start noticing bubbles and the oil coming out,continue stiring until the moisture has been evaporated. Then turn off the heat.

Place the mixture in a cheesecloth and squeeze to extract the oil.
Left: remains of the squeezed mixture.
Right: squeeze again(only the oil now) to extract the foams on top.
Pour the extracted oil in a bottle and keep in a cool place.


WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT AVOCADO OIL

Avocado oil contains a blend of nutrients including A,D,E and B6 which are essential to promote hair health.

BENEFITS OF AVOCADO OIL
- Helps restore hair
- Locks in moisture
- Adds sheen and softness to hair.
- Great as a leave-in 
- It's also good for scalp massages.


So,there you have it. What oils have you been using on your hair lately?

12 comments:

  1. Oh Modupe you're a genius! Great thought making the oil yourself. Now that the price of products especially oils just don't favour some people, every one can make this at home at such a low cost. So sad I already bought avocado oil. Will try it when the one I have runs out. I'm currently using the same oil mix for my hot oil treatments :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do my dear when it runs out. *winks*

      Delete
  2. Oh wow!I am going to bookmark this and try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem....free world and thanks for visiting

      Delete
  3. This is soooo handy!! And avocados are everywhere! Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can one buy a cheese cloth from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are welcome. You can buy it at the market or sew it yourself.....but instead of going through that stress, you can just use handkerchief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whao! I'm so gon cook this food for my hair so that she can eat and be happy. Lol. Thanks for sharing, Dup.


    When My Natural Hair Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I could help. But you're quite funny. Lol! By the way,I love your blog. Commenting on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this great piece. Awesome it is and helpful too for natural hair

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this great piece. Awesome it is and helpful too for natural hair

    ReplyDelete
  10. BOOSTS HAIR GROWTH :
    castor oil for hair growth,in combination with Redensyl, reduces hair fall and promotes regrowth of lost hair.

    ReplyDelete

Would like to hear from you.......