Saturday 25 April 2015

TEXLAXING

Hello ladies, how's it with you? Great I think. I was browsing one day when I came across TEXLAXING on a blog named Rehairducation owned by Lade. I didn't even know I was doing something similar to that. The only difference was I didn't apply oil to my relaxer when relaxing.
             What is Texlaxing?
This is the process of intentionally under processing your hair by the application Oil or conditioner to your relaxer,leaving your hair incompletely straightened.
    ADVANTAGES OF TEXLAXING
1. Less damage: The main reason i choose to texlax is the damage relaxing bone straight causes to my hair. I hate relaxing right from day 1. Why? Because my hair always  gets burnt,my head looking smaller like that of Agama lizard. So,texlaxed hair is less damaging because it's healthier than relaxed  hair due to the fact that the protein bonds present in the hair hasn't been completely broken down by relaxers.
2. Thicker & fuller hair: A bit of natural texture is achieved through texlaxing,thus ensuring thickness of the
hair. Texlaxing also helps in retaining elasticity & bounce. Fuller hair is also achieved with texlax.
3. Transitioning: Texlax is a good way to transition either from natural to relaxed hair or from relaxed to natural hair(instead of chopping of all the relaxed hair at once,you can texlax thus achieving a semi-natural hair &  then gradually trim ends).
4. In addition, Curly hair is also achieved by Texlaxing due to the presence of protein bonds which hasn't been completely broken don by relaxer. But in relaxed hair, it has been completely broken making the hair bone straight & not curly.
            CONS OF TEXLAXING
1. Uneven texture: You have varying hair texture with texlax i.e relaxed texture,texlaxed & the texture between the texlaxed & relaxed hair called Demacating line. In short, you have three textures which you might not like. As for me i'm cool with it, just that I get frequently asked by people why I didn't  relax my hair because it's due for one already and then I start explaining why.
2. Shrinkage: Due to bit of natural texture left in the texlaxed hair, shrinkage of the hair occurs making the hair to shrink from a particular length to another. For explaining, during wash days, my hair shrinks from Armpit length to Shoulder length.
3. Frizzy look: If hair is not well mosturized and sealed, it gives a frizzy look which looks hard & unkept from afar. You can overcome this by ensuring you mosturize & seal your hair regularly.

Guess i'm not the only one being 
texlaxed. So let's  get talking. Are you natural, relaxed or texlaxed and since when? 

6 comments:

  1. Hey dear...I've found you! Lol... Your texlaxed hair is beautiful... I love my texlaxed hair too... Only con for me is shrinkage! All the best in your hhj dearie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dear...I've found you! Lol... Your texlaxed hair is beautiful... I love my texlaxed hair too... Only con for me is shrinkage! All the best in your hhj dearie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look who's here? *dancing shoki* Lol! Thanks for liking my hair....when i saw yours, i was like wow! Look at how thick & long it is. And shrinkage? We can't run away from that. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm texlaxed and I'm glad i made the decision to be. I wouldn't trade it for the sleek look i used to have which made my already small head look smaller. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made a good decision Hilda. Though it might be quite challenging at first but when you find your way around it, you'd be the happiest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Công ty vận chuyển hàng nước ngoài FadoExpress hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi đài loan uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete

Would like to hear from you.......