Wednesday 13 May 2015

HOW I CARE FOR MY HAIR IN BRAIDS

Beautiful ladies,
         How are y'all doing? Good i hope. I know I've been missing in action,my apologies. *shines teeth*  Hehe!  So let's get to the main thing. As y'all know,i'm protective styling with loose braids and there are some things i do to care for my hair in braids and this i'd be sharing with you.
                        WEEKLY
~ I divide my braids into 4 sections, apply my mosturizer (Vitale Olive Oil Moisturizer) and seal with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I do this 4-5times every week.
~ I massage my hairline with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and i do this almost everyday.
~ I oil my scalp with
Extra Virgin Olive Oil once in a week.
~ I spray my braids with Above Oil Sheen Hairspray almost everyday.
             EVERY TWO WEEKS
~ I shampoo using ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo which is a clarifying shampoo once every 2weeks and rinse out with warm water.
~ Followed by deep conditioning my braids with ORS replenishing conditioner and Organic cholesterol tea-tree oil (i mix equal amount of both conditioners together).
~ I then cover my braids with a shower cap and wrap with a towel face to produce heat.
~ After 30mins- 1hour, i rinse out the conditioner with cool water.
~ Lastly, i air dry.
 
             PRODUCTS I USE
Took the pictures at night though, so manage it like that. *covers face *





Yea so that's how i care for my hair in braids. How do you care for yours?  Drop your comments below, will definitely reply. 

3 comments:

  1. Girrrl...lately I've been using organics cholesterol tea tree oil as my leave in conditioner every two days and I love it! You have a very good routine when you're in braids! One thing though...the oil sheen spray...doesn't it leave your braids with a dry feeling and alcoholic smell? That's what happens when I use it on my hair pre hhj...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girrrl...lately I've been using organics cholesterol tea tree oil as my leave in conditioner every two days and I love it! You have a very good routine when you're in braids! One thing though...the oil sheen spray...doesn't it leave your braids with a dry feeling and alcoholic smell? That's what happens when I use it on my hair pre hhj...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Organic cholesterol tea-tree oil, i read the review and was pushed to buy it, glad i did. Happy you loving it as well. I've been using oil sheen for a while now and i didn't notice anything of such, it doesn't smell like alcohol to me and i like the way it adds oil to my braids. Maybe you should try out another brand and if you still notice the same thing, guess oil sheen isn't for you dear.

    ReplyDelete

Would like to hear from you.......